Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The meaning of life

How many times has the question, "What's the meaning of life? Why are we here on this earth?" been asked?

Has anyone ever gotten an answer?

Here's mine: to create happiness

I can't figure out the overall picture - life advances... Towards what? We work to make the world go 'round,  to help others (some, and not enouh in my opinion) and to advance our technologies, all for the improvement of our quality of life. Do you agree? So shouldn't what we strive for daily be happiness? After all, doesn't the highest quality of life in most ways equate to complete happiness? And if that's the case, why can't we do the simplest thing to achieve this daily; smile.

Now I ask you, why are so many living their lives willingly unhappy? Is it to make others happy? I feel like happiness should have a rule similar to oxygen masks on airplanes - you must apply yours before helping others.

1 comment:

  1. I love this.

    and I agree.

    Also, the sequal to a Million Little Pieces (my best friend Leonard) he asks Leonard the same question- he laughs, says "Thats an easy one my son, it's whatever you want it to be"

    ReplyDelete