Monday, January 31, 2011

#3 The Ex Causes Trouble on A Date

Photography by: Amarand on Deviantart
"Psycho" is a little harsh... but oh how well this photo represents this post
Scenario: After breaking it off with my highschool sweetheart, I started to get serious with the new guy I was dating.

The Date: He took me to dinner, opened every door I came near to and was a complete gentleman as he had always been. We got back to his fraternity house and watched a movie. Sweetheart was texting me all night, so to avoid him and avoid being rude I turned off my phone. The next thing I know it's morning, well actually I don't know that, his room had a blackout curtain in it. So really, the next thing I know is I'm waking up in a pitch black room. The clock says 10 something, which had already passed from the night before, which means I've slept in waaaay later than I usually do. He wakes up when he hears me moving around so we decide to get up and get ready for the day. As I'm putting on my shoes I pick up my phone and see 34 notifications - simultaneously there is a knock on the door. Date goes to open it and Sweetheart is standing there, red-faced and tear stained. Date knows who he is, and Sweetheart can see me sitting on the bed behind him. I think the only words said were, "Glad to see you're alive".

After sufficiently freaking Date out for more than one reason, he dropped me home to have one of the worst days in my life. Definitely on the top 5 list. To make a long story short, Sweetheart had spread the message that I was on a date and not picking up my phone to every human being that has ever come in contact with me. Voicemails of crying family members thinking I was dead in a dumpster somewhere will forever be burned in my memory.

The Outcome: Date and I were on and off for more than a year (meaning a few more of these stories involve said Date)! He's a great guy who has found his true love... Just waiting for them to announce the engagement!

No comments:

Post a Comment