Friday, February 4, 2011

#4 The Mute Date

Photography by: SlevinAaron on Deviantart
Photoshopped mouth by me
The Meet-cute: Bartending school. Kind of a fun "creative" way to meet, right? Learning about drinking, and pouring fake drinks at a fake bar is completely different from meeting at, say, a real bar. I'm 19, he's 23.

The In-between: After chatting in school we exchanged numbers. He would text me for hours straight, which I loved! He was a baseball player who was interested in film production and liked guitar hero - he was a go-getter and that gave us a lot to talk about. Not to say he was infected by a ME monster (Brian Regan anyone?) because he always kept engaged with the conversation by asking me questions too.

The Date: He drove to my side of town to pick me up in his ultra-lifted white Ford that I could barely get into, awkward. I started the conversation and asked how he was, he said good... And then we went to Macaroni Grill. We got a buzzer for a table and had to wait 30 minutes, at which point I asked him if he missed baseball, he said kinda... You think I'm joking, but I'm not. There were so few words said that night that I can't remember if there actually were any. I remember it felt like pulling teeth. And then there was a beautiful white light when he dropped me home and we didn't speak again.

1 comment:

  1. I am so enjoying these. Some of these stories I kind of remember (I may have been the one trying to calm Mom down regarding #3, heehee). Too funny though. Keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete