Sunday, February 20, 2011

#6 The Clap-Out Date

The pledges weren't this old, or dressed in business attire,
but they did have similar expressions.
The Meet-Cute: Remember the guy from date #3?

The Disaster: It is Halloween night (which on its own is another story for another time) and the girls and I are dressed as the Village People - because why wouldn't we do an amazing group costume? Our night is absolutely insane; we get split up and I wander to Guy #3's (from now on referred to as Lover-boy) room and... it's morning. Ta-da! We get up and it is pretty early, so I figure no one will see me walk home with feathers in my hair and war paint on. Did I mention I am the Indian? As I gather my things Lover-boy stops me to tell me that it is tradition for pledges to turn their attention to us as we walk out. Now, it is not the first time I have stayed over, but it is the first time I have stayed over when they have hosted a party. Lover-boy leads me out of his room and into the courtyard where there are 20 or so pledges cleaning. They all stop working, stand up straight, turn towards me and start clapping - the whole time grinning, whistling and screaming cheers of approval. I smile and bow, only being cavalier because I was forewarned, otherwise I probably would have died of embarrassment. Not to say I wasn't blushing. We get to the front lawn, Lover-boy kisses me goodbye and I do the "walk-of-shame" home, tomahawk in hand.

Just For Laughs: Remember how I said Halloween night was crazy, to say the least? Well about 5 minutes after I wander in, the sailor to our YMCA walks in with one fishnet stocking on, heels in hand, fake blood stains on her arms and hands and with the bottom button of her shirt two holes up from where it should be with the rest of the buttons following suit. Did I mention it was a crazy night?

Not so much a horrible date as it is a funny and embarrassing story. Isn't this stuff supposed to only exist in movies?

No comments:

Post a Comment