Tuesday, March 22, 2011

#8 My Date Played Me... Hard

Photography: Dalal on Deviantart
That is me in the front, awkward no?
The Meet-Cute: Who says once you're in the friend zone that you can't get out? Ok, sometimes - but not the case here. We met freshman year in class. I noticed him first the day that he leaned his chair up against the back wall during class and fell asleep, causing his chair and himself to crash to the ground. Nice introduction huh?

The In-between: We stayed friends all through out college; getting lunch, playing sports, hanging out at bars, hanging out as a group with our significant others. Anyway, there came a time when both of us were single at the same time and we decided to date. Movies, dinners, hang outs, bars, all that jazz.

The Date: I decided to ask him to Formal (my senior year formal - in my opinion, kind of a big deal in sorority land. It costs as much, if not more, than a wedding) as my date. We weren't "exclusive" because he told me he wasn't quite ready for a relationship. Which I understood and respected. He'd been with his ex for several years and we started dating a few weeks after they broke up.

Formal = awesome. We all had tons of fun. Dancing, gambling, eating, drinking.

The Aftermath: We hang out a few times after Formal but just that same casual/dating atmosphere. Though I don't want to undermine the fact that he made it clear that we were more than friends. About a week after Formal, his Facebook status changes to "in a relationship". Damn social networking. Strange right? I mean, we've been continuing to date this past week but he just told me it was too soon, and why would he change his status without asking me first? Maybe because he wasn't suddenly in a relationship with me but with another girl that he was dating at the same time. And the icing on the cake? She was my roommate's co-worker. Awkward.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, I feel like there's something about a cake and eating it too..or that's probably the wrong idiom for this. Maybe it's more like tasting everything at the buffet, germing up all the dishes and picking a dessert instead. Just curious, did that different girl and him last long? I had a similar (but not really) experience where I was trying for this girl for months, she was being flirty and open to me paying for everything, found out later (after wasting a ton of time) she'd been "casually dating someone" the whole time. I don't get how this happens, but perhaps I'm just incredulous & bitter because I've never had more than one option at a time. And typically, that one option doesn't even like me anyway lol. Oh well, can't wait for the next date update of yours.

    ReplyDelete